Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow, snow, lotsa snow

You would think with all the snow this weekend, I would have snuggled down and knit up a storm.

It would have been a great day for it except for one small detail - we needed to dig out! So I hand dug the path to the barn, the path from the barn to the field, the sidewalks around the house, and the path to the woodpile.

Then I jumped on the loader and plowed the path to the hydrant (water for the horses), the manure pile and did a pass up and down the driveway. Then hub took over the loader and "detailed" - cleared out the parking pad for the house and the barn, dug a path to the hay barn, cleared out the driveway loop (mostly - the horse trailer is parked in the way!

In the meantime, I fed and turned out the horses, and cleaned the stalls. All I wanted to do was NAP! However - the storm did keep me from wandering off to the yarn sale at Dancing Leaf/Kiparoo, which was probably a good thing for the stashalong and I was able to get some stuff done.

Hank's vest - right front is about 13" - arm hole is done, need to shape the V neck and then I am ready to start the back.

Baby blankie - nada. Rolled up another skein of yarn for it last night, but that was optimistic as I won't need it for a bit.

Horseshoe lace scarf - Did I start a NEW project?!? Well yes I did. After talking about the Lisa Souza cashmere, I just had to do something with it. It's only one skein, so I swatched up some options for a scarf and picked this one. I have about 20 inches done. It's a narrow scarf with two repeats of the lace pattern. Very pretty in the cashmere. I will probably finish it by next weekend, so pics then.

No comments: