Sunday, March 18, 2012

On the watershed, March 16.  Tried to make this one a little more succinct!  LOL

It was so warm yesterday that I had to hose off Shad after our ride - he was sweating like crazy.  Marie was over, getting a shoe put on her mare and told us we weren't fox hunters cuz our ride was too short!  Guess we gotta work on that fitness thing.

I plied up the Corriedale singles and it looks like it's going to be a lovely two ply laceweight.  I will wash it today and see how it looks.  Now working on my first three ply - it's a lb of alpaca/merino and so far shaping up to look pretty nice.  I am pleased.  I did a bunch on it yesterday, but it's going to take several days of work.

Still working on the Motheye shawl for Jen - it's going to be spectacular! 

Last night, I made my first ever wine reduction sauce.  I put in 1 1/2 c of red wine, cooked it down, added some blackberry preserves, a little bit of chili powder and 3 T of butter, whisked it until smooth and served with pork chops.  Yummy!  Not too shabby for a first time!

And reviewed some stuff for my class.  What a busy gal am I!

No comments: