Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicken Curry

So I "invented" a new recipe last night.

For chicken curry, I used:

1/2 c half & half
1 can chicken stock
2 carrots
1/2 apple (I would have used a whole one, but there was a half in the frig)
1 clove garlic (next time more)
About 2 tsp of fresh ginger - sliced a few disks and tossed them in the blender
1 heaping Tablespoon of commercial curry powder
about 2 tsp cumin
A dash of red pepper

Buzz it all up in the blender

I browned the chicken (forgot to check weight - 5 big boneless thighs, cut into bite sized pieces) and cooked some brown rice on the side. Once the chicken was brown, I drained the pan and added my concoction and then just let it simmer.

It came out pretty good. Next time, I will try it with coconut milk instead of cream and will add garlic. It wasn't as creamy as I would like so will also think about how to thicken it properly.

No comments: